Helpful Links & Contacts
- Chemical Safety Board (CSB) - The CSB is an independent federal agency charged with investigating industrial chemical accidents. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., the agency's board members are appointed by the president and confirmed by the Senate.
- Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) - The CDOT is responsible for a 9,161-mile highway system, including 3,775 bridges. Each year, this system handles over 28.6 billion vehicle miles of travel. Although the interstate system accounts for only about 10 percent (915 miles) of the total mileage on the state system, 40 percent of all travel takes place on our interstate highways.
- Colorado State Patrol (CSP) - The mission of the Colorado State Patrol is to ensure a safe and secure environment in Colorado for all persons by providing professional law enforcement through responsive, courteous, caring and dedicated service.
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) - On April 9, 2007, the DHS issued the CFATS. Congress authorized this interim final rule (IFR) under Section 550 of the DHS Appropriations Act of 2007, directing the department to identify, assess and ensure effective security at high-risk chemical facilities.
- Emergency Management Institute (EMI) - The EMI offers self-paced courses designed for people who have emergency management responsibilities and the general public. All are offered free of charge to those who qualify for enrollment.
- Energy and Environment Research Center (EERC) - The EERC is recognized as one of the world's leading developers of cleaner, more efficient energy and environmental technologies to protect and clean our air, water and soil. The EERC is a high-tech, nonprofit branch of the University of North Dakota (UND). The EERC operates like a business; conducts research, development, demonstration and commercialization activities and is dedicated to moving promising technologies out of the laboratory and into the commercial marketplace.
- International Association of Emergency Management (IAEM) - Formerly known as the National Coordinating Council on Emergency Management (NCCEM), IAEM has members involved throughout the field of emergency management. Most members are local emergency managers with city or county governments.
- International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) - The IAFC represents the leadership of over 1.2 million firefighters and emergency responders. IAFC members are the world's leading experts in firefighting, emergency medical services, terrorism response, hazardous materials spills, natural disasters, search and rescue activities and public safety legislation. Since 1873, the IAFC has provided a forum for its members to exchange ideas and uncover the latest products and services available to first responders.
- National Emergency Management Association (NEMA) - NEMA consists of the directors of state emergency management agencies, who are responsible to their respective governors.
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) - The NFPA has over 60,000 members worldwide and is a nonprofit standards-making organization that is over 100 years old. The mission of the international nonprofit NFPA, established in 1896, is to reduce the worldwide burden of fire and other hazards on the quality of life by providing and advocating consensus codes and standards, research, training and education. Members include not only firefighters (about 24 percent), but also insurance, business, health and other professionals dedicated to providing safety related education and consensus standards.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- Operation Lifesaver - Operation Lifesaver is a nonprofit, international continuing public education program. It was first established in 1972 to end collisions, deaths and injuries at places where roadways cross train tracks and on railroad rights of way.
- Colorado Interstate Gas Company - The proposed High Plains Expansion Project will be constructed in Adams, Morgan and Weld counties in Colorado. The project involves both pipeline and measurement facilities.
- Colorado Propane Gas Association (CPGA) - CPGA is a trade and membership service organization that represents propane marketers throughout the state. Founded in 1950, the association has grown in its influence while maintaining its core principles of education and safety. The association's primary purpose is to maintain high standards of practice within the industry, and in so doing, protect and expand the ability of its members to compete in the marketplace.
- Transportation Community Awareness and Emergency Response (TRANSCAER) - TRANSCAER is a voluntary national outreach effort that focuses on assisting communities prepare for and respond to a possible hazardous material transportation incident.
- Tri-County Health Department - The Tri-County Health Department is the largest local health department in Colorado. It is our mission to protect, promote and improve the health, environment and quality of life for the residents of Adams, Arapahoe and Douglas counties.
- SERC Advice for LEPCs