Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
The Workforce & Business Center understands that accurate assessments of a participant’s skill level and identification and assistance in addressing barriers is critical in developing plans to transition off of cash assistance and into employment as quickly as possible.
The Workforce & Business Center hepls job ready participants to transition off of cash assistance and into employment as quickly as possible.
The Workforce & Business Center has been recognized as a high performer in meeting performance measures outlined by the Human Services Department.
Providing TANF case management services at the Workforce Center location provides a direct link to the services offered at its location. Along with on-going Intensive case management services and immediate access to the Workforce Center’s job postings and job fairs, other opportunities offered to TANF participants include:
- Resume preparation, cover letters and mock interviewing
- Life Skills Class
- Nutrition Class
- Money Smart Class
- Parenting Tools Class
- Referrals to Workforce Investment Act services
- Basis skills development lab
- Basis computer classes in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Internet Job Search Class
- Career Decisions Maker
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Offender Seminar
- Career Ready Colorado Certificates
- Veterans Workshop and Case Management
- Employment Success Essentials (job search strategies & interview skills)